Saturday, March 24, 2012

Part 2 is up.... still a long way... yay?

Charlie and Me - part 2

It felt as though time stopped but we soon snapped out of it and I helped her up. Embarrassed, she gave a small chuckled as she shook her head and covered her face. I laughed as I looked at her. Slowly, I grabbed her wrist and slowly pulled down her hand. I gave an assuring smile at her.

“Sky.” I said as I pointed to myself.

“Can I buy you a drink? It’s the least I could do.” I continued.
She nodded with a sweet smile. We walked to a nearby Starbucks and she had a Green Tea Frap whereas I had a Java Chip Frap. We parted ways after we got our drinks. Her name was Charlie and that was all I got to know. No number, no e-mail, no way of contacting her in the future. But that girl, Charlie, took my breath away. I wonder when I will ever see her again. I gave a long sigh as I walked back. I wondered what I was supposed to do for the day for a moment and realized I was supposed to meet a friend in Central Park. Looking at my watch, I realized I had to be there in less than 10 minutes. Hurriedly, I ran towards Central Park, with my Java Chip Frap in hand.

There she was, under the tree, looking at her cellphone, a worried look plastered on her face. That was Katie, the friend I was supposed to meet. We go way back. You see, Katie was a friend of mine. She used to live down the block and now, she stays a few doors away in college. Dark curls with chocolate brown skin, wide eyes, a brown beauty. I ran towards her, panting. She turned towards me when I was running towards her wording the words “Sorry”. She has that look on her face again, the kind of face that I know too well which meant I’m in for another round of lecture. I finally reached her.

“I could explain” I said.

“You better come up with an exceptionally good reason to be late again, Schuyler Abernathy Lee!” she said, using my full name which I know too well meant she was not happy.

“But for now, we have to go. Hurry!” she said in a hurried tone.

“Okay, Katherine Helena Rosewood.” I said, mocking her.

She gave me a stare which clearly defines “We’ll settle this later.”
We ran towards the center of the park, where we’re holding a surprise birthday party for our friend, Ted. It was his 21st birthday and we wanted to make it special. You see, Ted is a jock. He runs around the park every single day, even that day on his birthday. Our plan was to throw him a surprise party as he ran to us in the park. As we reached the center, we were just in time as we saw Indie, waving frantically at us to hurry up as she saw Ted not too far away. Katie and I picked up our pace and got there just in time.

The party went on from the park to the club where we had a little drink before calling it a day. After the party, Katie dropped by my room. Could she have remembered my wrongs for the day? Could she have remembered that I have some explaining to do?

“Now, talk.” Katie said.

So she did remember. In a way, I was nervous to tell her but I think it’ll be good to tell a friend. I told her about Charlie. I think my cheeks grew red a few times as I spoke of her, as I remember how she looked like, her dress, her smile, her hair. Katie laughed at me a few times but I know that she was genuinely happy for me. She gave me a hug and she left for her room. That night, I smiled my way to bed. As I closed my eyes, I could only think of her, of Charlie, the girl who will soon be my everything.

Every day, for almost a week I went to the same newsstand where I first saw Charlie in hopes of bumping into her again but to no avail. Maybe my time this time is not right. Maybe I’m not ready for a relationship yet. Maybe God is sending me a sign that I may never see Charlie again. Days gone by and months pass, but no Charlie, no girl with the orchid scented hair. I gave up searching for her as the new semester is beginning and I will not have time to be idling at the newsstand. Autumn is coming, leaves are falling and classes are starting.

2 comments:

stephananious said...

Ok i just have to ask.....why is the hottie's name Charlie?
did you fall for her at the chocolate factory or something? LOL

how many parts do you think this tale will involve?
*waiting not-so-patiently*

Unknown said...

i dont know.... Charlie, Charlotte..... i have no idea why i chose that name but it sounded nice...

no idea yet...
till i'm done lor....